Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Brunch

Happy smiling pancakes for dinner means happy smiling pancakes for brunch!


To make happy pancakes, just use any basic pancake batter recipe and cook on this griddle.


For dinner I made smiling pancakes, bacon, sausage, sliced oranges and mangoes with blueberries, and egg biscuits. A delicious breakfast-y dinner! Leftovers went in to lunches for all four of the school kids.


I added a few scoops of yogurt with vanilla and blueberries and a tiny tub of syrup for dipping, too.


Since Bean doesn't like bacon, I skipped it for her and made a little 'flower' out of an egg biscuit and sausage instead.


The egg biscuits are easy to make, and they're tasty, too! I just mixed flour, baking powder, and salt with eggs and milk and whisked it all together. Pour into muffin tins and bake. They were a tiny bit bland this time - next time I'll dice up bacon to mix in. 


Brick isn't too fond of pancakes, and especially not when they smile back at him, so for him I tucked in two egg biscuits with ketchup (yick, but he loves it on eggs) and hot sauce.

Products used:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Read Me

Blogging tips