Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Pair of St. Patrick's Lunches


For Bean:


Shamrock sandwiches resting on a bed of lettuce, with sliced up string cheese, dark chocolate cranberries, blackberries and blueberries, and CheezIt Scrabble letter crackers.


You don't want to know how long it took me to dig through the box of crackers to find these letters. The K, C, and L were pretty easy, but the U took me longer to find than it took to make the entire rest of the lunch. But Bean's big grin when she saw her lunch was worth the extra effort.

And an Americanized Irish-ish leftovers lunch for the Dude:


I made a corned beef brisket with potatoes, carrots, and brussel sprouts for dinner. For the Dude's lunch I used the leftover corned beef to make faux sushi rolls, and also packed in leftover brussel sprouts (in a silicone cup, so he can pull it out and just heat up the veggie at work) and a mini Danish.


The rolls are made using the corned beef, carrots, cucumbers, mustard, and whole wheat white bread. I put it all together, rolled up tight, and then sliced with a sharp knife. They looked pretty good when I was making them! Hopefully they tasted as good as they looked. I think they would have been better with shredded cabbage instead of cucumber, but unfortunately I was out of cabbage.



St Patricks Day Theme Food - Fun Bento Lunch

Products used:


1 comment:

  1. Love it the cheese it letters is great idea
    Sarah
    Blameitonthebento.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Read Me

Blogging tips